Yacht Charter Terms and Conditions
- All charters, whether bare-boat or crewed, are based on an official contract approved by the Greek Ministry of Mercantile Marine and the Greek National Tourist Organization, the so-called Memorandum of Agreement (M.O.A).
- This contract contains the rights and obligations of each party, as well as refund terms in case of cancellation.
- All yachts are insured against damage to the hull, machinery and/or equipment. Third party liability is also covered. Nevertheless, personal accidents while on board are not covered and client has to arrange extra for this kind of coverage.
- An information bulletin containing instructions for boarding, plans of the marina, inventory list in case of bare-boat charter, provision's list and suggestions for your cruise will be sent to you after receipt of your booking deposit.
- Your flight details must be communicated to us sometime before your arrival. At a little extra we can arrange for your transfer to the yacht and vice versa. Following negotiations, overnight stay on board on delivery, could be arranged so that you can go straight to the yacht in case of late arrival.
- At least two members in the party must be able to provide evidence of their sailing experience. A sailing license or a letter from a recognized Sailing Club or a Yachting Association will be OK.
- A refundable security deposit is payable upon embarkation to cover loss of or damage to the yacht and/or her equipment, plus any possible delay expenses not covered by the insurance policies. This deposit will be refunded upon safe redelivery and after inspection of the yacht.
- Charters commence on Saturdays 17:OOhrs and finish on Saturday 09.00hrs. Three to four hours must be allowed on delivery for check-in, and the necessary paper work. Time also must be allowed on redelivery, as client must leave the yacht in the same good order and condition as when delivered.
- Rates for bareboat include the use and insurance of the yacht and her equipment. The yacht will be delivered clean, with all machinery items in good working condition, and with all its tanks full of fuel and water. Charterer is obliged to leave the yacht in the same as above condition, therefore cleaning, fueling, watering, port charges (except In the base-port) and VAT will be for charterer's account.
- Rates for crewed charters include crew's wages and food, insurance of the crew, the yacht and its equipment, pilotage and port dues within Greek waters (except Corinth Canal) as well as maintenance expenses during the cruise. Meals and drinks are extra and can be arranged as follows:
(a) Client can make his own shopping with the help of the crew or,
(b) half-board and full-board on a per person basis can be negotiated in advance. Meals will be prepared by the yacht’s cook, if any otherwise passengers can make full use of the yacht's kitchen facilities. Most Motor Sailers include fuel in their prices, while in Motor Yachts, fuel is extra according to consumption. V.A.T of 4 (8 for less than 3-days charters) is also extra and calculated on the contract price.
How to book (Booking
procedure and payments)
The yacht will be provisionally reserved for you for an option period specified in the said contract. Within this period you must return to us the signed copies of the contract, keeping one for yourself, and at the same time you must remit to our bank the 30 of the total amount of your charter. As soon as we receive your booking deposit, the yacht will be definitely reserved for you. The balance must be paid by bank transfer 4 weeks before taking over the yacht, or otherwise agreed.
In case of a last minute booking or a short notice request, instead of the said Memorandum of Agreement, we will send you our BOOKING FORM revealing the main terms of the contract. The original Memorandum will then be signed here in Greece, on your arrival.
Payments are made through our bank. Payments on the spot for any extra services provided, can be made in cash, travellers cheques or Euro cheques, supported by a cash card. If different currencies are used, payments will be based on the rate of exchange on the day of payment.
b. If a booking is cancelled by the charterer 4 weeks or less prior to departure, charterer is liable for 100 of the agreed charter price. Refunds will be made only in the event that the yacht will be re-chartered for the same period and at the same price.